Technical Sales Manager
Engineering / Manufacturing
£45000 +car + bonus + healthcare
Our client is the world’s leading steel and mining company, with a presence in more than 60 countries and an industrial footprint in over 20 countries. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, we are the leading supplier of quality steel in the major global steel markets including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging, with world-class research and development and outstanding distribution networks.Through our core values of sustainability, quality and leadership, we operate responsibly with respect to the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, contractors and the communities in which we operate.For us, steel is the fabric of life, as it is at the heart of the modern world from railways to cars and washing machines. We are actively researching and producing steel-based technologies and solutions that make many of the products and components we use in our everyday lives more energy-efficient.We are one of the world’s five largest producers of iron ore and metallurgical coal and our mining business is an essential part of our growth strategy. With a geographically diversified portfolio of iron ore and coal assets, we are strategically positioned to serve our network of steel plants and the external global market. While our steel operations are important customers, our supply to the external market is increasing as we grow.
The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for developing business in UK and Ireland.
She/he is responsible for the commercialisation of all steel foundations solutions and associated products (sheet pile, foundation pipes, foundation beams, tie rods, accessories) in the respective geographical area by a combination of commercial skills, customer relationship management and technical knowledge.
Main responsibilities and activities:
– Ensuring, through regular contact, visits and being connected to end-users/authorities, engineering companies and where necessary with contractors, to be aware of all current and future projects and the updated status of these.
– Through regular contact, be involved and ensure the company Steel Foundation Solutions are the preferred option for all stakeholders.
– Create a network, with all stakeholders, to ensure that you are kept aware of all involvements regarding projects.
– Providing detailed market analysis, monitoring competition and following-up on new market tendencies.
– Generating commercial offers/budgets where necessary, negotiating and closing sales by agreeing conditions and terms with customers and suppliers.
– Generating directs sales to end-users/authorities by unique selling.
– Negotiating construction tenders and contract terms to meet both customers and company’s needs.
Structural / Civil engineering degree or Masters degree
– Some experience in direct contact with all related stakeholders in preferably the construction industry preferred
– Commercial and contractual expertise
– Self driven, entrepreneurial, result oriented, open minded and dynamic
– Working experience in a project oriented, dynamic and multinational environment preferred
– Good communication and report skills.
– Willingness to travel frequently ( 50 % of time ), mainly within UK and Ireland
To apply, please email CV or call Mark Bolton on 01780 482750 for a confidential Discussion
Added / Updated: 14 June 2017 by Mark Bolton
CNA Ref: P654